An amendment to a Tobacco 21 bill (S.2571) that would ban the sale of flavored tobacco and vapor products has been filed. The one exception to where flavored products can be sold would be “smoking bars.” The state’s definition of a smoking bar does not include a vapor shop.
Tonight (6/27), please take action by sending a message to three senators
who need to hear from you.
Tomorrow morning (Thurs., 6/28 before 10:30 AM), please follow up with calls to:
- Senate President Karen Spilka: 617-722-1640
- Senator John Keenan: 617-722-1494
- Senator Michael Rodrigues: 617-722-1114
Points to discuss on your call:
- Ask them to oppose Amendment 1 to S.2571
- Explain how important it is for consumers (smokers in particular) to have access to low-risk, flavored products in dedicated vapor shops AS WELL AS in the same places where combustible products are sold (i.e. C-stores, gas stations, etc.).
- Briefly, share your story about switching to smoke-free products and how flavor options other than tobacco were important to your transition.